Wednesday 12 October 2011

Well it has been almost a week since my last post, I am sure quite a bit has happened since last writing but a large chunk seems to have disappeared from my memory.

Work has been a real struggle so far this week, the joys of being a secondary school teacher!!!

Saturday we travelled up to see my sister via Bluewater (to buy a present) for my nephews first birthday. We visited this great garden centre which had lots of farm animals which Mimi just loved and a minature steam engine.  She wasn't so keen on the train and kept telling us that she likes the big bus with pa better than the train.  (My dad usually takes her on a double decker bus to the next town once a week).  Bless her she was really under the weather, I think she has got her molars coming through.







 After all of the excitement we went back to my sisters house for a lovely afternoon tea.  My sister put on a lovely spread.  We had sandwiches, crisps, and the most amazing cake.  A proper children's afternoon tea party.



Check out this cake.

Sunday the weather wasn't looking too good so instead of Mike going sailing we decided to pop over to Mama Feelgoods for coffee.

Mimi has become a bit feral.  When we are in the garden she keeps dropping her trousers and doing a wee on the grass.  Part of the problem with this is that although she squats she hasn't mastered the art of pushing her little bottom backwards and so keeps weeing in her shoes.  As you can imagine a small pair of baby converse filled with wee on a regular basis start to take on a nice odour.

Today we have had a bit of a lazy day, drinking coffee, I popped in to town for some new knitting needles and some wool and up to B&Q for some compost.  I think the weather is still looking good for tomorrow so hopefully we will be able to get out in to the garden.  Mimi can help me plant some onions.

3 weeks today we are off to Venice.  Yippeee I am very excited.  I wonder if my birthday present will arrive before we go?!?!  If the birthday fairies are listening I would quite like one of the new Kindles.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...