Friday 23 December 2011

Festive Baking

Let the festive preparations begin...........

Shopping is all complete - just need to collect our meat and fish order first thing tomorrow morning.  House needs tidying from top to bottom.  The kitchen floor feels like you are wading through a puddle of treacle thanks to all of the Christmas baking.  But hey we had fun and it can all be washed!!!!





We made these cool Christmas biscuits using fruit pastels for the middle.  Do you know how hard it is to find boiled sweets I couldn't find them anywhere.  I think they would have worked much better with foxes glacier fruits.  Never mind Mimi likes them all the same.


Finally we made our Gingerbread House which I have to say I am very proud of.  We made one last year and I have a feeling this could become an annual activity.  I found the recipe on the BBC Good Food Website and it is great.  When you make up the dough you think it will never work but once the dough cools down it works beautifully.  We have got lots of off cuts left which hopefully later today I am going to make it into gingerbread stuffing ready for our Christmas Lunch.

We are hosting Christmas Dinner this year for 8 and I am really excited.  It is a bit of team effort with my parents bringing the pudding, cheese & biscuits and the veg.  We are in charge of the starter and the main.

I must get on with my jobs as we have friends coming up tonight and we are busy most of tomorrow.  Note to myself:  Must not drink too much tonight!!!!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...